Nkhata Bay District
Nkhwali village lies south west of Nkhata Bay town on the Lilongwe road approximately 10klm from Nkhata Bay. The village is accessed via the Chombe Rubber plantation along a mud and murram road and is approximately 9klms from the main road junction.
See red dot indicating village on the map above.
The village has a small shop and a primary school built in 1956 and approximately 600 pupils. The school also has a classroom floor that the children call "the graves" as it is a concrete floor made so that the children sit on it and lean forward to write and the next child sits in front. See picture on right.
The village is run by committee and we met with them and helped them with a maize mill that was not functioning and helped them to re-